Founded by Ernesto Meduri, a proud Italian-Australian with a lifelong love of soccer, ItaSport has come a long way since it’s humble beginnings back in 2011.
Having been heavily involved in club soccer since arriving in Australia from Italy in 1983, Ernesto sought to find a solution to what was then an outdated and overpriced model for soccer clubs trying to source quality, affordable teamwear for their players.
Having been in business for over 30 years Ernesto combined his entrepreneurial spirit with his love of Italian sportswear and his lifelong passion for soccer and ambitiously sought to bring Givova, a fast rising Italian brand of technical sportswear, to Australia for the first time.
Becoming Givova’s first Australian distributor, ItaSport Activewear began as a passion project starting out as a wholesale supplier of teamwear, focusing specifically on soccer.
ItaSport Activewear quickly built a reputation for providing good old fashioned, personalised service and supporting local clubs within the community. Still to this day, ItaSport is heavily involved with the local soccer community, supplying teamwear and providing sponsorship opportunities to assist clubs Australia wide.
Despite all the people who said “Australians would never embrace Italian sports brands”, Ernesto had an unrelenting passion for Italian sportswear and believed in his vision of bringing it to the Australian market.
A stable of other well known Italian sportswear brands were soon added to the ItaSport portfolio and while ItaSport’s enjoyed early success, it didn’t come without its challenges.
Ernesto soon realised that what had begun as a passion project had quickly become a growing business and determined to maintain the personalised service that Itasport had become known for, he made the difficult decision to say goodbye to his first business of 30 years so he could focus solely on growing ItaSport.
Soon after ItaSport Activewear opened its first retail store in 2016 in the suburb of Leichhardt, Sydney’s own “little Italy '' where it still remains to this day. In fact, come and visit us in our Leichhardt store and you will most likely find Ernesto behind the counter to warmly welcome you, talk about all things Italia, sportswear and of course soccer!
It is a privilege for us to be able to share our products, our passion for soccer and our love of Italy with you and we hope you enjoy wearing our sportswear or gifting it to your loved ones, as much as we love bringing it to you.
If there is anything we can do to assist you, free to visit us in store, give us a call or reach out to us via email.
Ernesto & The ItaSport Family!
- As well as being a trusted online retailer, we have a "real" physical retail store in Leichhardt, NSW also known as "Little Italy"
- We have been in business for over 30 years and are still a family owned and operated business.
- We are an authorised wholesaler and supplier for many big brands including Italian sportswear giants Kappa Italia, Kappa Australia and Givova Italy.
- Everything we sell ships from our retail store in Leichhardt, Sydney, NSW and you are more than welcome to visit us in-store anytime!
- You can shop with peace of mind knowing that we offer no-hassle exchanges and returns. If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, send it back within 30 days and we will process your return promptly.
- Customise your jersey with your favourite players name and number or choose to customise your jersey with ANY name - including your own! We use only official lettering and patches for jersey customisation which means you get the exact same look as the players on the field!